DISCLOSURE: AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. AFFILIATE LINKS ARE MARKED WITH #ad. “I” IN THIS CASE MEANS THE OWNER OF GAMERSNOTALLOWED.COM. PLEASE READ THE FULL DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
(Featured Image credit: Blizzard)
Overwatch by Blizzard Entertainment is one of the most popular First Person Shooter (FPS) video games that millions worldwide enjoy.
However, you might have technical problems and need to reinstall the game. Or you might have grown tired of playing Overwatch and want to play the different heroes in Heroes of the Storm instead.
Luckily, no matter what platform you play Overwatch on, it is extremely easy to uninstall. Overwatch can be played and uninstalled on PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Playstation 4 and 5.
Below, you can see different ways to uninstall the Overwatch game files for the different platforms when it’s “uninstall game” time.
Check out the best settings for Overwatch for PC and Console
And don’t worry. You won’t lose everything if you uninstall Overwatch from your hard disk since your game progress is saved with your Overwatch account online.
How to uninstall the Overwatch game on a PC
When it comes to uninstalling Overwatch on a PC, there are different methods you can use that do not require third-party software like Total Uninstaller.
Here are the best ways to uninstall the game in Windows, whether you want to use the Blizzard games game client, go the traditional Windows control panel route, or do it manually.
Uninstall Overwatch with the Blizzard Battle.Net App
- Open your Battle.Net games application
- Click the gear icon next to the play button found in the bottom left of the application
- Select “Yes, I want to uninstall” on the pop-up
- Follow the uninstall process wizard step-by-step
- Reboot your computer
- If the files are not completely deleted, use the control panel method below.
Also, check out this general guide on uninstalling games from Battle.net.
Using Windows Removing Feature
If you find that the Battle.net method does not fully delete the app or want to ensure a clean uninstall, use the Control Panel to remove Overwatch from your programs list.
- Open your Control Panel app, either from your Start Menu or your desktop taskbar/process line
- Click “Uninstall a Program” to open the program removal menu
- Locate Overwatch on the list and select it
- Press the Uninstall button at the top of the list
- Follow the uninstall wizard to uninstall Overwatch completely
- Reboot your computer.
You might like this guide to Overwatch Hero Heights and Age.
How to uninstall Overwatch manually
Depending on how you installed Overwatch, there may be times when you can’t see the Overwatch game under the list of computer programs in the Windows control panel.
In that case, you need to uninstall the Overwatch application manually by navigating to the installation folder of Overwatch.
- Navigate to your Overwatch installation folder. The default Overwatch installation folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwatch.
- Uninstall the game by deleting the folder.
- After uninstalling, search for any Overwatch-related program files and delete them too. These related files are found in the following folders:
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\gametitle\
- C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Temp
- C:\Program Files\gametitle
- C:\Program Files (x86)\gametitle
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment
- Empty your recycle bin to get rid of the whole thing.
Into shooter games? Read more about Rogue Company.
Uninstalling Overwatch On Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One
The process is simple if you uninstall Overwatch on Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One. Simply follow the step-by-step guide below:
- Click the Xbox button when on the main screen
- Select the “My Apps and Games” tab that comes up
- All your installed games will be here, including Overwatch
- Scroll over to Overwatch and select it
- Press the view button to bring up the options list
- Find the uninstall option and press it
- Follow the uninstall wizard to completion.
Uninstalling Overwatch On Nintendo Switch
Deleting content from a Nintendo Switch is no more complicated than any other methods listed here. It is recommended, though, to archive a game instead of uninstalling it on Nintendo Switch.
- Tap the “All Software” icon on the game grid’s right side
- If you have played Overwatch recently, you can select it from the home screen
- Once you have selected the game, click Options (+) button
- This will bring up the game’s menu
- Press “Manage Software”
- You can now delete Overwatch by pressing “Delete Software”
- Follow the uninstall wizard to completion.
Into first-person shooters and cool weapon skins? Check out How much is RGX Vandal in Valorant?
Uninstalling Overwatch On Playstation 4 & 5
You have two options when uninstalling Overwatch on your Playstation 4 or 5: the PS4 & PS5 Main Screen Method and the Settings Method.
This content was first published on GamersNotAllowed.com
Both work equally well for deleting games, and it depends entirely on whether you want to view your games’ size before deleting a game. Remember that your progress and game saves will not be deleted when deleting Overwatch.
To uninstall Overwatch on PS4 or 5, use one of the following guides:
PS4 & 5 Main Screen Method
The first method for deleting Overwatch on your Playstation 4 or 5 is from your main screen.
- Access your Playstation’s main screen
- Highlight Overwatch
- Press the options button on your controller
- To the right of your screen, a menu will pop up
- Select “Delete” from the list of options
- Click “Ok” on the prompt that comes up
- Your game will then be deleted.
PlayStation 4 or 5 offers you a second option when deleting a game, the settings method. This method lets you see the game’s size and delete multiple games simultaneously.
- Open your Playstation’s main screen
- Select “Settings” from the Hotbar
- Go to “Storage” after opening the settings menu
- Click the storage device your game is downloaded to, typically “System Storage”
- Select “Applications” to open your game list menu
- Press the “Options” button on your controller
- Click “Delete” from the menu that comes up
- Select the game(s) you wish to delete
- In the bottom-right corner, press “Delete”
- Press “Ok” and Overwatch will be uninstalled.
Check out Overwatch cross-platform compatibility here
Uninstalling Overwatch is easy to complete regardless of the platform you are playing on, as long as you follow the simple steps outlined above. I hope that this article helped you out!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Jan has played video games since the early 1980s. He loves getting immersed in video games as a way to take his mind off stuff when the outside world gets too scary. A lifelong gamer, the big interest led to a job as a lecturer on game sound at the University of Copenhagen and several written articles on video games for magazines.